Students are the most important part of any society; rather it would not be wrong to say that they are the building blocks of a society. Student life is always symbolized as the most exciting part of one’s life. Often people romanticize student life and describe it as the most exciting part of their life, which is true. Life at campus is full of so much of happenings, like exams, social gatherings, class presentations, performance pressure, competition, field trips, relationships and much more. Everyone has right to make best out of his/ her student life and make it pleasantly memorable. This can be done by achieving and maintaining physical and mental health and creating a fine balance in life. In order to help the students in their aspiring journeys, Al-Razi Institute has established counselling services, named as “Student Counselling Services”. This service helps student to overcome their personal, academic and social problems and to flourish in life.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of counselling services are:
- To facilitate the personal, academic, and social growth of the students.
- To assist the students in better understanding and utilization of their individual potential.
- To help the students explore and highlight their individually unique competence.
- To help the students enhance their decision-making abilities.
- To equip the students with skills to meet up with the variety of challenges in life.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR COUNSELOR?
You can expect the counselors at Al-Razi Institute to:
- Listen actively to your concerns.
- Help you understand and deal with your problems effectively.
- Open to discuss any question or concern that comes to your mind.
- Take all your small and big problems seriously.
- Each counselor develops a personal set of strategies on how to help students. Some may decide to listen more and talk less during the session, while some may give homework to be done between sessions. If you feel something is not working for you its best to communicate with your counsellors. If you have any doubts or queries it is always best to just ask!!!
- The counsellors don’t have any magical power or information about the future and thus are unable to solve your problems for you. You solve your own problems while the counsellors help and direct you in the right direction. They empower you and so don’t do things that you are capable of doing yourself.
- The counsellors will maintain complete confidentiality except under extraordinary circumstances.