Quality Enhancement Cell at Al-Razi Institute is established in line with the guidelines of HEC to meet its given standards of Quality Assurance in the Universities and Institutions. Quality Assurance policies at Al-Razi Institute cover all the guidelines and procedures in relation to improvements in education standards suggested by HEC. The aim of Quality Assurance standards and policies is for facilities to make clear how they guarantee the quality and delivery of education at par with the HEC standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of QEC
As per the criteria of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, QEC is responsible for:
- Promoting a public confidence and provides the best quality and standards of the award of offered Degrees Programme.
- Review a quality standard and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- Developing qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors.
- Developing program specifications. These are a standard sets of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills, and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- Developing quality assurance processes and methods of an evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject, and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- Ensuring that the Al-Razi Institute’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
Developing procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs
- Programs Specifications
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student perception
- Annual monitoring and evaluation of academic program, faculty, and student
- Departmental Review
- Subject Review
- Employers Feedback
- Students Feedback
- Institutional Assessment
- Qualification Framework.